In this world of rapid technological change, UTEP is continually challenged with providing educational opportunities to non-traditional students. Typically, non-traditional students are people who simply do not have the time to attend face-to-face classes on a full-time basis. Since the majority of our student population is non-traditional students, and our mission is to serve our local population, UTEP is encouraging and developing a strong online learning program.
UTEP offers a large number of online courses spread across a variety of disciplines, including several programs which are available entirely online.
If you are a UTEP student looking for information about registration, available courses and programs or resources for current online students, please click the 'For Students' link above.
If you are a UTEP faculty member looking for information about online learning initiatives, ISS can provide you with the necessary tools and assistance in various aspects of the online learning setting. Please click the 'For Faculty' link above.
- Provide students with opportunities to participate in various university study programs through the use of technology-based media and methods for delivery of instruction.
- Serve as the campus focal point for planning and policy development of online and asynchronously distributed instruction related to technology-based systems.
- Work jointly with faculty, staff, and students to design and adapt instructional material for distance learning delivery via the Internet, CD ROM and interactive videoconferencing technology.
- Provide training and support to faculty, staff, and students in the design of on-line and web-based instructional materials.
- Serve as the campus focal point for technology-based consultation, planning and policy development in the areas of online education, asynchronous and distributed technology-based instruction, and Internet delivered education.