Blackboard Student Services provides 24/7 help desk and technical support to faculty and students in online courses.
Contacting Blackboard Student Services 24/7 Support
Toll free 1-877-382-0491
- Technical support for online courses is available for BOTH faculty and students.
- Use the Browser Checker located at the top of the Blackboard Portal to ensure you have all of the right plugins for this and other courses.
- Another available resource for online courses is the UTEP Support Center. Check out the Knowledge Base and FAQ repository for answers to the most frequently asked technical questions and solutions to technical issues. You can also submit a help ticket and receive a reply within a few minutes.
Not an online course? Telephone and Walk-in Support is available from the UTEP Help Desk:
M - F: 7AM - 8PM
Sat: 9AM - 1PM
Sun: 12PM - 4PM
- Calling from on-campus: x 4357 (HELP)
- Local phone number: (915) 747-5257
- Library Room 300
If you do have access to the UTEP campus, you can also visit an on-campus lab:
Students may also visit the ATLAS lab located within the Undergraduate Learning Center (UGLC building) for additional technical assistance.
Faculty may also visit the FIT lab located within the Undergraduate Learning Center (UGLC building) for additional technical assistance.
Blackboard Maintenance Window
So that UTEP can continue to provide a stable learning environment, 12:00-6:00am Mountain time on Thursdays is reserved for minor preventive maintenance. This maintenance window is scheduled during the lowest usage time for the system. Blackboard may or may not be available during this time, depending on whether maintenance is necessary. Whenever possible, this time will be utilized to perform all minor maintenance.
Unscheduled outages occur rarely, but they do happen. In the event of an unscheduled outage, Course Development and Technology Support will confer with Student and Faculty Services to provide appropriate notifications to those affected including faculty, staff and students.